Thursday, December 3, 2009

Let's look our best today.

"I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny." Coco Chanel
It would only take a few extra minutes to put on something nice. Something that would actually match and a little classier than pajama pants. Maybe some mascara and take time to brush your hair. Even if it might be an 'american thing' to not care and wear slippers to grocery shop, as Gabrielle would say "I don't understand". We have different cultures, which involves different opinions on fashion and the way we dress. However, no matter what country you are from, people around you will make up a first impression based on how you look. Now, what if we don't care what people think about us? well don't you care about yourself? We should consider the person we are or want to be when dressing. Somebody that doesn't look clean on themselves, usually gives an impression they are not a neat person. I personally don't care what people think, but that doesn't mean I have to let them know and wear the pajama I slept in and match it with the old high school sweater from the back of my closet. We need to dress for ourselves. I will assure you, the day you are wearing your best outfit will be a bright and happy day. If you look good, you will feel good. And to mention Coco's quote once again, you never know what could happened that one time you decided to get up your bed and go directly outside. Maybe its the day you bump with someone important. Maybe something that could turn your future around.
photo from here

I'm addressing this issue, because Im french and grew up under different circumstances. Sure I came to the u.s when I was 13 but I was and still am in shock when I see someone spotting the "just woke up" look. I want to get different perspectives on this. thank you. no offense on anyone really.


12-03-09
lae <3

3 comments:

Eleanor said...

I completely agree.
When I drop my daughter off / pick her up from school I am always shocked at what the other moms...not to mention the kids look like!
I'm sure people consider myself and my family to be "overdressed", but I would rather that than to look as if I do not care at all.

Technolustmaxx said...

But let's not forget that most French teenagers more than 50 miles away from a major city look like they've wandered in and out of 'Beverly Hills 90210' and footage from the Olympics in '84 to construct their outfits.

The way you look at what people wear is informed by what you- analytically- read into it, and how your eyes are prejudiced in the first place.

trustyourtechnolust.blogspot.com

Technolustmaxx said...

...and by 50 miles, I mean 30.

trustyourtechnolust.blogspot.com