Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"Imitation is the highest form of flattery."_ Coco Chanel

SEASON greetings RANTINGS!

The rush of the holiday season and the ridiculous amount of work for finals are quite overwhelming. Yet It isn't keeping me from stalking the mall and browsing the fashion web. I've heard Steve Madden was getting sued again for "copying" one of Balenciaga's shoe. Because it affects designers and I believe the work it takes and all, I decided to 'boycott' Madden. However, I wanted to take a peek at the shoes they had this season. All I saw were poor imitations of Louboutin's, mcQueen's and Vuitton's. Even I, who have no money, wouldn't buy these. After lots of frustration and bored employees jumping on me, I left the shop wanting to scream.

But then again, I do inspire my outfits to what I see on the runway, so who am I to judge? I do shop at H&M, Zara, Topshop and all these other "fast-fashion shops". Is there a line maybe between immitating and replicating? Is immitation just a form of inspiration and 'flattery' as Gabrielle would say?

It would mean that immitation would be okay, yet replicating a pair of shoes not.. Because I find it normal to shop according to what I see on the runway, and buy a purse that resembles Chanel's. But when shop such as Steve Madden intentionally copies one of the "IT" shoes, I feel like it is such a shame and disgrace to the designers.
hummmmm. to be continued..


HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :)


12-22-09
lae<3

4 comments:

Toyin Lola said...

That makes so much sense. Its worse than seeing someone wear a big "G" bag for coach. i also made a post about how people are starting to think of fashion as a joke. nice blog by the way

http://fashionistoyinlola.blogspot.com/

Toyin Lola said...

ohh and by the way, you love chanel too! good to kno im not the only one :)

Lou said...

Holy crap...damn right that Madden should be sued...he didn't even try to disguise his blatant copying (or should that be stealing?)

Merry Christmas! :)

valentines day sms said...

your article it is too good and your pictures also too good.........